I love how essential oil blends can quickly alter my mood and make me feel good. I have a number of diffusers in my home so can have different combinations misting away for the different emotional influences I am wanting depending on my day and my activity,
Essential oils are the aromatic compounds distilled from plant seeds, flowers, roots, leaves, stems, wood and fruit.
When essential oils are blended together, the therapeutic properties of each oil are enhanced and allowing you to create a blend that will support a particular emotional, physical or spiritual condition. Blends are simple and easy to make and the therapeutic benefits can be experienced in minutes.
Essential oil blends have the ability to:
- Balance the mind
- Lift emotions
- Clarify thoughts
- Reduce anxiety
- Relieve stress
And can be used in a number of ways:
Aromatically – the oils are breathed into your respiratory system
- Diffuser – add 1-2 drops of each oil to you diffuser – the diffuser will disperse a fine mist of essential oils into the room
- Directly – place a drop of each in your hands, rub then together to warm the oil, then cup your hands over your nose and breathe the oil in. Alternately, place 1-2 drops of each oil onto a handkerchief or tissue, then inhale
Topically – the oils are placed on your skin
- Dilute 1-2 drops of each oil into 1 tablespoon of plant carrier oil then massage directly into your skin
- Add the oil blend to your bath water and enjoy both inhaling and absorbing the oils.
- Carrier oils – dilution of the essential oils in a carrier oil such as coconut, jojoba or almond helps to draw the oils quickly and deeply into your circulatory system and does not reduce the benefit of the essential oils
DIY Oil Blends ***
- Cinnamon, Clove, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, Orange, & Lemon
- Lavender, Lemon & Peppermint
- Tea Tree, Lemongrass
- Cardamom, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Peppermint, Rosemary, Tea Tree (Melaleuca)
- Cedarwood, Frankincense, Sandlewood, Vetiver
- Peppermint, Lemon, Basil
- Basil, Cypress, Lemon, Peppermint, Rosemary
- Bergamot, Geranium, Cedarwood, Ylang Ylang, Jasmine
- Peppermint, Wild Orange, Rosemary, Cedarwood, Frankincense
- Orange, Lemon, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Vanilla Absolute
- Wild Orange, Ylang Ylang, Jasmine
- Clary Sage, Jasmine, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Ylang Ylang
- Geranium, Lavender
- Lavender Peace, Balance, Frankincense
- Lavender, Bergamot
- Bergamot, Roman Chamomile, Cedarwood, Frankincense, Jasmine, Lavender, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood
- Roman Chamomile, Lavender, Mandarin, Sandalwood
- Bergamot, Roman Chamomile, Lavender, Lemon, Orange, Patchouli, Vanilla, Ylang Ylang
- Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Basil, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Grapefruit, Lemon, Rosemary, Sandalwood
- Roman Chamomile, Lavender, Vetiver
- Eucalyptus, Peppermint
- Roman Chamomile, Lavender, Peppermint (apply topically)
- Balance, Lime
- Bergamot, Cypress, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Orange, Rosemary
- Bergamot, Roman Chamomile, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Orange, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang
- Rose, Grapefruit, Jasmine
- Geranium, Rose
- Clary Sage, Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Bergamot, Thyme
*** Some blends suggest a large number of essential oils: not are all required to be beneficial. Use the suggested oils that you do have and you will still be able to create a blend that will support your physical, emotional and spiritual well being. In blends with a large number of oils listed, you can also try different combinations of a smaller number of the oils to find an oil that is most pleasing to you.
There is a saying: “the nose knows” so trust your own instincts when experimenting with oil blends.
Essential oil blends are a quick, simple and beautiful way to change the way you feel. Enjoy!